Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Thoughts on the Journey to 6...

Depending on your beliefs, some could call it fate, some might call it "His will", perhaps some may call it sheer insanity.  In my humble opinion, while some of these reasons may have had a role,  they have not been the driving force behind our journey to having 6 children all 8 and younger.  I will admit however, there are days where my wife and I probably both feel that it must have been insanity!!  I am not sure that it can be pinpointed to one specific thing, but in my opinion it can be explained by the following...
1.  My wife is a woman who truly feels she is the most beautiful person she can be when she is pregnant (and frankly, I am a guy who finds the pregnant shape of a woman extremely attractive).
2.  A unwavering belief on the part of my wife that she was put on this earth  to bring these children into this world for a purpose unknown to her or I, but undoubtedly for a reason that is greater than she or I are able to fathom or dare to speculate.
3.  A realization by my wife that of all her gifts as a woman, and of all her talents, pregnancy and the ability to carry and deliver a child is without a doubt one of the most important accomplishments (next to raising and nurturing our children) that she will undertake in her life.
4.  The desire, the "calling" and potentially in the case of my wife, the need (enter Abraham Maslow)  to nurture another human being into a self reliant, strong, confident, independent person.
As for me, I have been the benefactor of my wife's determination and desire to build our family.  Years ago would I have guessed that I would be the father of 6 children, probably not.  Have there been times along the way where I may have been the voice of uncertainty, the one arguing against bringing another child into our family, I am afraid, yes.  Do I have any regrets ultimately putting my faith in my wife and her desire to build our family... Never, not once...

No comments:

Post a Comment