Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Reflections on a Large Family...

Without my wife's persistence, fortitude and if I may be a bit bold here, stubbornness (I say that with the utmost love and affection) I may very well have been sitting here with a very different story to tell.  There is no arguing that she is the driving force behind our large family and little does she know it (until now of course) but rarely is there a day that goes by that I don't secretly thank her for it.  Being a father is rewarding, being a father of 6 wonderful, healthy children...it is beyond words.  I would not have experienced these feelings without her unwavering determination though the years to build our family, and the kids would not be who they are today without her patience, desire to teach and calm manner in which she interacts with them.

Now, make no mistake, it has not always been easy along the way and no doubt, as our children grow, there will be additional challenges ahead, but the grace in which she has handled every challenge that has come our way has been impressive to say the least.  

No comments:

Post a Comment